My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://rambodoc.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Limericks: I

There is a guy from SA called Eric who posted this:



"There was a young man from Cape Horn
Who wished he had never been born,
And he wouldn't have been,
If his father had seen
That the tip of his condom was torn."




My reply to him was:
"A good one, Mister Erick!
Let me be real quick
In asking you about the French letter:
Does it make the sex better,
Or is it just a cover for a shy dick?"



Gil Ross says:
"A limerick is a five-line poem written with one couplet and one triplet. If
a couplet is a two-line rhymed poem, then a triplet would be a three-line
rhymed poem. The rhyme pattern is a a b b a with lines 1, 2 and 5 containing
3 beats and rhyming, and lines 3 and 4 having two beats and rhyming. Some
people say that the limerick was invented by soldiers returning from France
to the Irish town of Limerick in the 1700's.

Limericks are meant to be funny. They often contain hyperbole, onomatopoeia,
idioms, puns, and other figurative devices. The last line of a good limerick
contains the PUNCH LINE or "heart of the joke." As you work with limericks,
remember to have pun, I mean FUN! Say the following limericks out loud and
clap to the rhythm.

A flea and a fly in a flue
Were caught, so what could they do?
Said the fly, "Let us flee."
"Let us fly," said the flea.
So they flew through a flaw in the flue.



To which I say:

"Here I am, aroused by a fly,
Tho' true 'tis, I will not lie,
Next to you, or to you,
In Paris or in Peru,
In straight sex will I rely!"

No comments: